Tuesday 12 April 2011

A little update

So a few things have changed since my last blog post, the first thing is that I have finally finished the creative brief and submitted my application for the paid internship at Disney Interactive Studios on 31st March 2011, it took a lot of my time finishing the creative brief and I feel that if I had an extra couple days I could have made it soo much more better as I feel it was a little limited in some areas, but for now I'll just have to wait and see what happens and hope that I get a response back from them.

I'm also full swing into my application into the TA, I have been for a few interviews at the C Company Regiment Barracks in Blackheath, I completed my initial paperwork and have been booked onto a medical test on 16th April 2011. What was surprising is that when I went to my final interview to finish my paperwork, the staff sergeant was looking through all of my certificates which included 10 GCSE's, 3 A levels and my foundation degree for my first two years at Rave; he was impressed by my qualifications and said that I am a good candidate for officer training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. This has given me a lot to think about as the academy is very prestigious and renowned worldwide, so I would definitely benefit for attending the officer training course there as it would give me all the skills to lead and look after a minimum of 30 soldiers at platoon level which would be great to translate to a civilian career such as game design where you have to work with and manage large groups of people. Unlike regular soldier training, which is still a rewarding and extremely valuable course to undertake, the officer training would develop me in a much more personal way and teach me how to handle and cope with high pressure situations as well as how to direct and make sure everyone under my command knows what they are doing; this sort of leardership skill is not possible to achieve anywhere else so i'm definitely grateful for the opportunity i've been presented with....plus the pay is better as well =)

No comments:

Post a Comment